domingo, 29 de noviembre de 2009

Journalims tex 2 (My holiday)


My last holidays

I feel privilaged for that Ecuador has many vacation spots to get away from the routine that consumes our daily lives. No matter what your tastes way be or how much money you have, there is something for everyone to enjoy on the holidays. All of my people headed for the coast; Esmeraldas was the hot spot because of all its beaches. Atacames for the travelers with a low budget. Playa Almendro and Casablanca for the upper middle class. Unfortunately, I stayed home alone.
The city was pretty much abandoned, just my luck. I am bored with nothing to do an the 90% of Quito was chilling at the beach; what an irony. Two friends for the hood left early on Friday for El coca on a journey to find a Shaman. They wanted to explore that side of the country, unknown to them. Once again Y was left behind but this time with some company; a friend of mine gave me her shoulder lie on. Lucky for me, a bit more as well. I share the philosophy of John Lennon, after all the excess, sorrows and misfortunes, one of the things that gives some reason to life is being able to wake up next to you loved one. Even thought I am not his “John” and she isn’t my “Yoko”. Michelle and I have always had a close relationship with one another; now we are closer than ever.

Next morning we had brownies and orange juice for breakfast. That morning we celebrated each others “not birthdays”. We went out for a walk and realized that Quito, without all its chaos and noise just isn’t Quito. Once again I was left alone because Michelle took off with her family, she left like the rest.
Sunday morning come by and I took off to Quito, I needed a flash memory as soon as possible. Funny how people nowadays have become so dependent on technology. I think mankind has always been dependents on something so technology is not a big surprise. We need our lives to be captured and recorder on a computer or else we feel it doesn’t exist. That afternoon spend with Will, buddy of mine, writing a script for the future production project. Although we put all our effort into it, our teacher didn’t seen to like our work. Its not big deal, I never really considered my teachers opinion in the past; so why should I star now.

It was back to my house where now my family had gotten back from their trip to Latacunga. I was shocked to learn that I was almost left motherless. She had fainted while Chimborazo but luckily she got better soon after. My family had not forgotten me and brought back a Diablo Uma mask, witch I have looked for everywhere and couldn’t find. Everything must come to and end and this holiday was no different. Time to get back to the routine that enslaves us. The next party we have to look forward to is Fiestas de Quito

No hay comentarios: